A trip full of adventure for children
Just a few minutes from the centre of the capital you can find Faunia , a unique zoo in Europe that reproduces four ecosystems and has more than 5,000 animals!
If you visit Madrid, this is a place designed for the family, where you can experience and live with nature and animals. Camps for children are offered periodically, as well as exhibitions, educational talks, interactions and special activities. A perfect place for children to come into contact with real animals and even feed them, to live the experience to the fullest.
Some of the areas in the zoo
- Lake Theatre: marine mammal show with performances by seals and sea lions. Lake Theatre will delight children.
- Giant turtles: The little ones can enjoy watching spectacular specimens of giant turtles.
- Wallaby Territory: in this space dedicated to the Australian savannah, you can meet species as unique as the Wallaby, the Emu or the Red Panda. You can visit Monday to Sunday from 12 noon until 1 hour before closing. (Age: All ages).
- El Nid (The Nest): it is one of the most educational park walks that allows you to discover, step-by-step, the unique process of the birth of life. Powerfully attracting the attention of smaller visitors.
- La Granja (The Farm): One of the favourite areas for children, where some of the most charming, domestic and exotic animals such as Vietnamese pigs, dwarf goats, cockerels and Castilian chickens are found.
- Lake: here we find different species of ducks, birds, geese, swans and even Capuchin Monkeys.
- Mangrove crocodiles: In this area you can see one of the oldest animal species, spectacular specimens of Nile Crocodiles, originating in the African continent, which can reach six metres in length! There is also an activity to feed the crocodiles (Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays, at 4.30pm. Price: 6 euros. Age: All ages).
- Venomous: Here there are more than 50 extremely dangerous species with the aim of promoting a biological and physiological knowledge of poison chemistry.
Discover many more areas within the ecosystems that this park reproduces and enjoy travelling with children.